Back to Basics

Back to Basics

Monday, July 21, 2014

My English Friend

Jean L. Hubbard - April 20, 1934-July 8, 2014
So very few of us ever get to meet someone we can truly call our soul mate, or kindred spirit.
This is who Jean was to me from the very beginning. I will always believe she was my angel.
Jean was my employee, my mentor, my teacher, my strength and comfort, my closest friend.
It has been my honor and privilege to have known her for over 30 years.  Jean was a true
example of unconditional love. She gave her love without hesitation, or expectation, she asked for
nothing in return, but gave her all to those she loved.  Even to those who barely knew her,
or were merely acquaintances, she treated everyone equal as if you were the only person
in the room or world when she talked to you. She had inner strength that was equal to none
and a spirit of total joy, no matter what was going on in her life. She was always honest and
 to the point, even if you didn’t want to hear the truth. She was true to herself and her God.
I only hope I can aspire to be the kind of woman Jean is and was. Though I know I will fall short,
her example will always be in my mind and heart, even Jean knows that and she loved me in spite
of my simple country ways. We were from different worlds, hers refined and mine rough. But
we were both of the same feisty independent spirit, maybe that’s why God put us together.
Her words, "you silly cow," "you bugger," and  "hello love," along with the sound of her heart filled
Laughter will ring in my heart and soul forever . I now also know how to make tea properly!!!
Thank you Jean for everything but most of all your love and loyal friendship, until we meet again..


Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment